TICA (The International Cat Association)
Voluntary Code of Ethics
AJSavannahs is a TICA Cattery of Excellence
I am a member in good standing of The International Cat Association (TICA) and have a TICA registered cattery.
I will breed discriminately, and only if I am sure I can find appropriate homes for my kittens. I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life-long commitment of love, appreciation and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat sold as a pet/companion, will be sold under the following conditions:
- I will guarantee that the kitten/cat is in good health at the time of sale.
- I will urge the purchaser to have the kitten/cat examined by the purchaser’s own veterinarian within a few days of purchase to confirm its good health.
- I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered NO LATER THAN 12 months of age and not be allowed to produce any offspring.
- I will explain to the purchaser the dangers of an outdoor environment.
- I will provide a written sales agreement that describes all the terms of the sale. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
- I will provide the TICA registration application form and/or pedigree for the kitten/cat ONLY after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian that the kitten/cat has been altered.
- I will encourage the purchaser to contact me if the purchaser has any questions and I will respond in a timely manner.
- I will not release a kitten until it has been inoculated at least twice against the following: Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis and Calicivirus. I also may choose to give other vaccinations.